|LOCAL YOUTH CLUB EQUIPMENT SCHEME|
In recognition of the important role of volunteer-led youth clubs/groups in supporting young people, and their engagement with the incorporation of the National Quality Standards for Volunteer-led Youth Groups (NQSVLYG), a once off equipment grant has been made available in 2017, to support the work of volunteers, enhance the experience of members, and provide vital equipment to local youth clubs/groups.
The Local Youth Club Equipment Scheme (LYCES) supports volunteer-led youth club/group activities at a local level. Funding for the Scheme is provided by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and is administered locally by Education and Training Boards (ETBs) on behalf of DCYA.
To be eligible for funding from the Local Youth Club Equipment Scheme, the club/group must satisfy the following criteria:
· It must be volunteer led and it must be based on the voluntary participation of young people.
· 75% of the club/group members must be between the ages of 10 and 21.
· It must be able to clearly outline the benefits of club/group membership for young people who participate in its programmes.
· The club/group must have a nominated designated liaison person (DLP) for child protection.
· The club/group must have written procedures setting out child protection arrangements which are adapted to the nature of the organisation’s contact with children and which comply with the requirements outlined in Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (DCYA, 2011).
· All adult volunteers working with young people must be Garda vetted before they start volunteering.
· Appropriate insurance cover must be in place.
· Volunteers must have access to a first aid kit and must be able to use it correctly.
· The club/group must have a Health and Safety Statement, policy or procedures. (Note: this applies to clubs/groups that own premises. Clubs/groups that do not own premises must confirm that they have seen and operate to the building’s Health and Safety Policy.)
v Sports clubs/groups are not eligible to receive funding under the terms of this scheme.
v Closing date is Friday 20th October at 12 noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
v Any club/group which has not previously participated in the annual Local Youth Club Grant Scheme will need to fill out and submit Sections 1,2 and 5 of the LYCGS Form 2017 (see link below) as well as the LYEGS application form. please contact your Development Officer for support in completing this additional form which incorporates the National Quality Standards for Volunteer Led Youth Groups.
|Click on the links below for more information and to access an application form.|
|LYCES Application form 2017|
|Purchasing guidelines for youth groups|
Friday 20th October 2017 at 12 noon
Late applications will not be accepted.