“Guidance facilitates people throughout their lives to manage their own educational, training, occupational, personal, social and life choices so that they reach their full potential and contribute to the development of a better society”. National Guidance Forum 2007
“It was great to be able to explore my thoughts with somebody who wasn’t going to tell me that I wasn’t able to do that or to get real” A student’s experience of guidance service.
What does the AEGS offer?
The AEGS helps people to make informed educational career and life choices. Adults can start from where they left off in education and the Guidance Service will support the adult from where he or she is right now.
The Guidance Counsellor will help you to?
- Identify your unique strengths, experiences and potential;
- Find out which courses and opportunities are available
- Achieve your goals through action steps
- Reach your full potential in life
What other help and information is available?
The adult guidance service can give information on:
- Choosing a career
- Qualification levels
- Funding options
- Recognition of qualifications, and
- Ways to progress towards your chosen career
|The Adult Guidance Information Officer can provide you with information that suits your needs.|
Who is the service for
Guidance is for adults who:
- are considering returning to or continuing with education
- are having difficulty in finding or keeping suitable employment due to lack of appropriate educational qualifications
- wish to explore new forms or further education or training
How much does it cost?
The guidance service is free and confidential
|Address||Mayo Adult Educational Guidance Service
Further Education and Training Centre
Rush St./ Lucan street
|Sligo Adult Educational Guidance Service
|Leitrim Adult Educational Guidance Service MSLETB Office
St. Georges Terrace
|Telephone||094 90 35814||071 91 38411||071 96 21371|
|Barbara Ronayne||Josephine McGread||Niamh Brennan|
|Guidance Counsellor||Hugh Ward|
|Guidance Counsellor firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Information Officer||Emma Gray||Jane Nolan|
|Information officer email||EmmaGray@msletb.ie||JaneNolan@msletb.ie|
|Information officer Telephone||071 918410|